• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Beretta Urika II Help!

Clarke123

Default rank <4500 posts
Love Them UGA Dogs!
196   0
Reaction score
WAS: Cumming, GA NOW: Punta Gorda, Florida
I have a new 12 Gauge Beretta Urika II that will feed and go into battery but not fire the second shot!

OK, I know that the geniuses at Beretta recommend "breaking the gun in" using some stiff loads.
After my first trip to Etowah Sporting Clays ... I came prepared this time with 3-1/4 as opposed to
my normal Clays Load of 2-3/4 Dram Equivalent 1-1/8 OZ loads .... Still does not fire on the second round!

In leaving Etowah, I talked to Phillip Becker (Richard's son who is just like his dad: a really sharp and nice guy!)
He took me back out onto the field and brought ammo with him ... stilled failed on second shot, He had another
shooter (who is also a Beretta Dealer) look at it ... they told me to contact Beretta as they didn't have a clue as to
how to remedy the situation.

The second shell feeds and goes into battery, pulling the trigger does not produce anything (NO "CLICK").
If you slightly open the bolt (maybe half-way) to check that a load is actually there ... upon closing it, it will then fire ...
Sound like some kind of trigger mechanism goof ...!?

So, prior to contacting Beretta and "bearding that lion" I solicit input from anyone else who might have an idea as to what to do!

Thanks in advance for your kind consideration of my RFI !

Earl Clark - Cumming, Georgia

Last edited:
It sounds as if the hammer is not staying cocked under recoil and following the bolt home. You should be able to see if the hammer has followed the bolt after your first shot if you look through the charging handle slot closely.

It sounds as if the hammer is not staying cocked under recoil and following the bolt home. You should be able to see if the hammer has followed the bolt after your first shot if you look through the charging handle slot closely.

I'll give that a look when I can get back out to the range ...
Otherwise just sitting here depressed by what Brian Enos has written about
Beretta and their handling of the AL391 ... added to the comments by "those who would know"
concerning the "pea thrasher" mechanism within the latest Bellini models ...

Beretta's Distributor (Core Distributing) does all of their warranty work; I'm waiting for their
AL391 expert to return from vacation next week ... It appears that some of the problem is actually
related to a "carrier problem" that resulted from some carriers being mis-manufactured.

The "fix" appears to be relatively easy, and (fortunately) not many firearms were involved.
However, instead of notifying the persons potentially affected ... Beretta kept quiet about it.

More later ... when I know more to tell. Meanwhile, any other user experience would be appreciated!

Back
Top Bottom