• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bersa 95 380 ACP

Sharps40

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
4   0
Reaction score
A pre-Thunder model made only in 1994-1995. Matt black and matching alloy frame. The 7 shot 95 series is a bit ligher than the current alloy 380 Thunder. 107 rds were fired at 10 yds (100 fmj and 7 MagTec JHP +P). Accuracy is superb. Much more like a full size auto than a compact. It was not hard to keep shots in/on the bull. Overall fit is good, finish is fine and this 15 year old is obviously low mileage. The white dot sights are easy to see, the slide very easy to rack and all the controls accessable w/o fumbling around. I had 10 failures to feed in the firts 14 shots w/ball ammo. The ammo presented to early from the mag. A guick tweek of the mag lips solved the problem and the Bersa ran like a clock from there. I am impressed. This one shoots as well as my Sig P232 for a lot less cash up front. If the Thunders are as good, I'd buy a Bersa and a pile of ammo instead of a second Sig.

All of the Bersa guns I have had the pleasure of shooting were gems. IMHO they are THE most underrated guns period. My wife carried a Thunder Pro Compact 9mm for a while and it was great. It shot with boring reliability and was more than accurate enough. The trigger wasn't perfect but was more than adequate for a SD weapon. I wholeheartedly stand behind the quality of Bersa handguns.

I too own a Series 95. Great little gun. The only one I have kept since I turned 21. Amazingly accurate. I've run about 300-400 through it. The only time it ever acted up was when I dropped a magazine in sand. Blew it out, but found out the hard way it needed to be disassembled. After cleaning the mag it's never missed a beat. I've fed it whatever I had or found at Wally World too. My buddy was shocked my (Then not well known.) .380 Bersa made his 9mm Beretta look bad at the range with cheap ammo. I think I gave less than $200 out the door too! I just hope to find parts when this awesome little gun wears out one day.

Both of my daughters have the Thunder. One shoots hers well and the other shoots hers VERY well. They have a safety that completely disengages the trigger. I encourage them to carry without the safety on since the first trigger pull is a long, revolver-like pull anyway. I wish the sights were a little bigger but their young eyes have no trouble seeing them I agree with a statement above that Bersa is very underrated.

Wife had the Walther. Couldn't hit a barn with it. Stove piped every round. Rented a Bersa. Bought one and had her put 600 rounds through it before cleaning. Nastiest hand gun I ever saw but kept on firing. Clean constantly now but wanted to see what it would do. Titanium but enough weight for her small Hands for follow up shots. I enjoy shooting it myself. Going to have to start reloading for it though. Ammo is getting harder to find.

Back
Top Bottom