• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best .223 round for deer?

chevy4x4

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
4   0
Reaction score
I'm sure that I'm the first person to ask this question, but what is the best .223 round to put down deer? I've carried an AR for over 10 years but never to hunt.... I recently traded into a new AR and I want to hunt deer with it this year. From what I can tell 60gr soft point is where I need to look. What I was hoping for was some first hand knowledge of what has worked for others. Thanks in advance guys for any help or insight.

Don't try to out shoot your ability / shot placement is the key! bullet weight ? any weight that your rifle shoots best! a 22lr will drop any deer, 223 / 5.56 is traveling at Mach 3 has a big advantage. I have taken four over the years one with a AR-180 the other three with colts. all with FMJ

Don't try to out shoot your ability / shot placement is the key! bullet weight ? any weight that your rifle shoots best! a 22lr will drop any deer, 223 / 5.56 is traveling at Mach 3 has a big advantage. I have taken four over the years one with a AR-180 the other three with colts. all with FMJ

Wouldn't want to publicly admit to doing something stupid and breaking the law now would we?

In what state, legally with FMJ??.

Back
Top Bottom