• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best .223 round for deer?

I'm sure that I'm the first person to ask this question, but what is the best .223 round to put down deer? I've carried an AR for over 10 years but never to hunt.... I recently traded into a new AR and I want to hunt deer with it this year. From what I can tell 60gr soft point is where I need to look. What I was hoping for was some first hand knowledge of what has worked for others. Thanks in advance guys for any help or insight.

RIP!!!! Drop them where they stand

I'm sure that I'm the first person to ask this question, but what is the best .223 round to put down deer? I've carried an AR for over 10 years but never to hunt.... I recently traded into a new AR and I want to hunt deer with it this year. From what I can tell 60gr soft point is where I need to look. What I was hoping for was some first hand knowledge of what has worked for others. Thanks in advance guys for any help or insight.

DRT Frangible 39gr. - 55gr. Just watch the video on youtube. I think it's called DRT Ammo 39gr .223 Live Media Test

Why would you want to shoot a deer with a .22 caliber round? You should use a more adequate round capable of taking the animal humanely.

Back
Top Bottom