• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .45 automatic.

First let me preface this with, "For the money". Recently acquired a RIA Match and have to tell you.... It is the most accurate .45 I have shot. Not saying it would beat a match Kimber or Colt, but you won't get one of those for what I paid for this. The gun is definitely more accurate than the shooter.

Ive actually been pretty impressed with the Rock Islands. They seem to be pretty well made, I might pick one up next time I see one on the S&S. There was one for like $375 a while back, you cant beat that for a 1911.

i have to say a Colt 1911 the original one. i do like the RIA thougt. the shoot nicely. i have one but just cant pick up the front sight. it is the GI model

Any of them that I have. I own several 45s' in several configurations. Any of em' I have in my hand when I need it is the "best" as far as I'm concerned.

Another 1911 vote here. I think the Sig/HK/Glocks are all INCREDIBLE weapons but I had a 1911 strapped to my side for most of my Navy career. I shot IDPA with a Series 70 Colt Combat Commander. (stil kicking myself for EVER selling it) Recently picked up a fully customized 1923 Colt 1911 and love it, while still loving my Norinco 1911 which is one of the finest 1911s nobody knows about.

I'll own a Glock again soon probably but I'll always favor my 1911. (Plus having a 1923 which is a TRUE 1911, not a 1911a1 is pretty awesome.)

Back
Top Bottom