• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best .45 automatic.

With 25 round drum

Attachments

• pix1929119578.jpg
    pix1929119578.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 77
My Wilson Combat Compact Protector, I've had it for many years and will pass it on to my youngest son who is a big 1911 fan also.

Love the 1911 platform but if I had to have one it would be my GLOCK 21 SF.....an easy decision for me....eats everything that I feed it without prejudice, simple to maintain, super reliable.....if I gotta have one...that is the ONE....

My first thought is a Rock Island that I had kimber cuts put in the slide so I could change out the A1 GI sights. The Rock Island is as good of a basic 1911 as you can get, as it should be. The U.S. set up the factory during WWII to build up pistols for the cause. That basic design worked for my grandfather when he rolled with the 3rd ID and for me when I rolled with the 3rd ID, I love the 1911.

All that being said, my 1911 did have some problems with the baby powder dust in Iraq. The private contractors we ran across humping a Glock had no issues so I would carry a Glock in battle. If there could be only one it would be a G21, that hurts to even type it.

Keep in mind that when the U.S. Army adopted the 1911 the wright bros were still making bicycles, when the 1911 was replaced by the M9 the launch of the space shuttle didn't even make the news anymore.

Before I get another person telling me when the Army switched the 1911 for the M9, those of us that had the pleasure to fight from a tank still carried the 1911 even in 1991 we got the M9 right before we shipped home (stupid time to give someone a new battle weapon, but still).

Just two things to say here...
1. The best .45 is the one within reach.
2. A Rock Island in hand is better than two Kimbers in the store.

Back
Top Bottom