• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best 9mm carbine?

custowncowboy

Default rank <500 posts
Flawed man saved by the Blood
4   0
Reaction score
Wanted ya'lls opinion on the best 9mm carbine for the buck. Any advice on from the Hi-point to the Kel-tec to the Beretta or anything in between. Looking for a good toy to enjoy at the range. Thanks!

I have been shooting a PCC for Long long time ( way be for it was cool ) I have Owen most of the ones on the market today, Big dollar ones to cheap ones,it’s All in what you want to use it for just plinking at the range or competition, and your budget. Most of the ones out in todays market will work with a host of different ammunition. Right now I am using a Lead Star Arms, which I put together. As much fun to build as it is to shoot.

Attachments

• 8FD4F68F-9F4A-4792-B8BE-5FE248F1DD4F.jpeg
    8FD4F68F-9F4A-4792-B8BE-5FE248F1DD4F.jpeg
    144.6 KB · Views: 44
  • 553D79C9-2D0C-4F73-9716-71287C19748F.jpeg
    553D79C9-2D0C-4F73-9716-71287C19748F.jpeg
    151.2 KB · Views: 34
  • 27BFF0D6-3FFD-4DCD-9B5F-A4B0FC041353.jpeg
    27BFF0D6-3FFD-4DCD-9B5F-A4B0FC041353.jpeg
    91.8 KB · Views: 49
Depends on what you want to do with it. I love my CZ scorpion a ton but its not competitive in USPSA or IDPA. My AR9 is a much flatter and faster shooting rifle. It's a PSA AR-V

Wanted ya'lls opinion on the best 9mm carbine for the buck. Any advice on from the Hi-point to the Kel-tec to the Beretta or anything in between. Looking for a good toy to enjoy at the range. Thanks!
Tell us what you already know about 9mm carbines. What you like and dislike so far. What price will you not go above?

My Aero EPC9 has been fun and reliable, but my Ruger PCC has been shot...and shot....and shot.... then shot some more, without any issues regardless of ammo. Brass case, steel case, cheap stuff, Federal HST, it eats it all and just keeps going. My wife keeps it at her side of the bed, and I have implicit faith that if she needed it, it will do the job. Bang for the buck.......I personally like the Ruger best.

Tell us what you already know about 9mm carbines. What you like and dislike so far. What price will you not go above?
I've held the Kel-tec, the Ruger, a newer Hi-point and the CZ. Never shot any carbine though. I'm looking at having fun with it and maybe using it as truck gun in the woods. Not looking for one as a primary defense weapon.

I'd lean towards having one that I can magazines for... Glock/Beretta compatible, etc.
I've read to many bad reviews about the Kel-tec. Recalls on almost every part... I own CZ-09 and like the quality just didn't know their carbine shot.

Price under $1000 (but still looking at fun toy to shoot not just defense), reliability would my highest priority. Not looking to accessorize except for red dot, etc.

Still a novice at these. No one I know has one I can test out. Thanks for helping!

Back
Top Bottom