Best 9mm carbine?

Wanted ya'lls opinion on the best 9mm carbine for the buck. Any advice on from the Hi-point to the Kel-tec to the Beretta or anything in between. Looking for a good toy to enjoy at the range. Thanks!
I posted a thread recently asking opinions of the Ruger PC9 versus the Sub 2000. Most of the comments leaned toward the Ruger which I already have. I like it but it's on the heavy side. Thpught I migjt prefer the Kel Tec for the lighter weight and folding option. The Ruger has the take down feature but I really never use it.
Anyway according to the comments I got the Ruger is the better made rifle . But I already assumed that. The Sub 2000 is the handier more compact rifle.

I've held the Kel-tec, the Ruger, a newer Hi-point and the CZ. Never shot any carbine though. I'm looking at having fun with it and maybe using it as truck gun in the woods. Not looking for one as a primary defense weapon.

I'd lean towards having one that I can magazines for... Glock/Beretta compatible, etc.
I've read to many bad reviews about the Kel-tec. Recalls on almost every part... I own CZ-09 and like the quality just didn't know their carbine shot.

Price under $1000 (but still looking at fun toy to shoot not just defense), reliability would my highest priority. Not looking to accessorize except for red dot, etc.

Still a novice at these. No one I know has one I can test out. Thanks for helping!
I know the CZ is all the rage but I would never buy it. Too many other Glock mag options available for less money. Hell, I was just watching YouTube videos on the Extar EP9. It's not a carbine but I would buy one of those before I attempted to build another AR9.

Okay, so if I were looking for a 9mm carbine (16" barrel, staying out of NFA territory for now, and NO, I don't want an "arm brace" that doubles duty as a shoulder stock) and I want it to have these characteristics, what are my choices:

1-- Looks like an AR-15 type long gun, or M4, at first glance.

2-- Actually has the same manual of arms. Same buttons and levers in the same positions, doing the same functions, as anybody who's used an M16 / M4 would already be familiar with.
(this means the Just Right Carbine's off the list).

3-- Uses very popular and easily available magazines, which we could expect to still be available (maybe black market, maybe at higher prices) in the future, after some new gun law is passed. .At this time, I think that means I'm looking at 9mm carbines that use the Glock 17 / 18 / 19 magazines. That's all I know of, for full capacity 9mm pistols.
(The real Colt 9mm carbines are off the list for this reason. Mags are proprietary and expensive.)

4-- Is offered as a rifle, with a 16" barrel and a real butt stock. (Doesn't have to be fixed; could be telescoping).

5-- BONUS (not a firm requirement, but it would be nice): Threaded muzzle for a suppressor.

Back
Top Bottom