• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

I know many may not agree, but I've settled on Gentleman Jack on the rocks. I tried to like Scotch..... I gave up on that idea.
Spent the 4th through the 8th in Nashville. I took a bottle of Gentleman Jack with me.......it did not make the trip home. To me, it is difficult to believe Gentleman Jack is made from Jack Daniels....because it is so much better. Must be the second filtering in the sugar maple barrel. Longbranch, which I like, is part of the Wild Turkey family, but to me tastes nothing like Wild Turkey.
Before you completely give up on Scotch, try Oban a single malt. You might like it.

Spent the 4th through the 8th in Nashville. I took a bottle of Gentleman Jack with me.......it did not make the trip home. To me, it is difficult to believe Gentleman Jack is made from Jack Daniels....because it is so much better. Must be the second filtering in the sugar maple barrel. Longbranch, which I like, is part of the Wild Turkey family, but to me tastes nothing like Wild Turkey.
Before you completely give up on Scotch, try Oban a single malt. You might like it.
Gonna pick up a bottle of Oban........never had it..Thanks for the tip.......I just prefer the scotch over bourbon.

In Tune, while I cannot guarantee you will like Oban, I would bet you will.

Wait, this is a bourbon thread!!!

Baker's bourbon, 107 proof!!!

Bakers, noted. Brother is a bourbon drinker, birthday coming up. Where to buy? No stores in Fayetteville and Riverdale is mostly brandy...know wut I'm sayin?

I tried a few different single malt's and while I thought they were OK, I prefer the flavor of the Gentleman Jack... or any other decent bourbon/Tennessee whiskey.

Back
Top Bottom