• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Bourbon that doesn't break the bank?

Tried this for the first time last weekend in Indy for the National Championsip. I was impressed. Damn fine stuff.

and Go Dawgs!
1642383700134.jpeg

Tried this for the first time last weekend in Indy for the National Championsip. I was impressed. Damn fine stuff.

and Go Dawgs!
View attachment 3883404
I had Jimmy Russell personally serve this for several years at the NWTF sporting clays shoot at The Meadows. It was a
Friday night open bar of everything Wild Turkey had.

I consider it a medium range bourbon, and as far as I'm concerned, it is hard to beat. If I could afford it, it would be my every day drink.

FWIW, for the whiskey snobs, Jimmy always encouraged people to drink any of the Wild Turkey products with a splash of water, he said it brought out the aromas and flavors of the whiskey.

FWIW I just finished a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101, which is a very mellow rye. Went back to the store, and of course they were out.

I love that Michters...I get a nice essence of tea in the finish. Prob one of my favorites. Scored 3 bottles with boxes and bags from a store pick recently. Got them for trade fodder in the bourbon FB groups....and probably Christmas time flip to folks looking for gifts.

b85defcc25cd2adb6a25d9f70990467a.jpg
53bbf304baf37ea7a7a0c7b8dbd8a73c.jpg
Man, I'm just eyeing those bottles of Cask 16. Best Crown ever made!

I had Jimmy Russell personally serve this for several years at the NWTF sporting clays shoot at The Meadows. It was a
Friday night open bar of everything Wild Turkey had.

I consider it a medium range bourbon, and as far as I'm concerned, it is hard to beat. If I could afford it, it would be my every day drink.

FWIW, for the whiskey snobs, Jimmy always encouraged people to drink any of the Wild Turkey products with a splash of water, he said it brought out the aromas and flavors of the whiskey.

FWIW I just finished a bottle of Wild Turkey Rye 101, which is a very mellow rye. Went back to the store, and of course they were out.
cool story GH! I agree with Jimmy. I like a splash or a few cubes to dilute and make the aroma pop.

The master blender at Bulleit says the same thing. They taste at 40 proof instead of 80-whats it bottled at- because more flavors show at lower proof. But, ultimately drink it however you like it.

I love that Michters...I get a nice essence of tea in the finish. Prob one of my favorites. Scored 3 bottles with boxes and bags from a store pick recently. Got them for trade fodder in the bourbon FB groups....and probably Christmas time flip to folks looking for gifts.

b85defcc25cd2adb6a25d9f70990467a.jpg
53bbf304baf37ea7a7a0c7b8dbd8a73c.jpg
I have access to lots and lots of Michters......just saying.

Back
Top Bottom