• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Buck pics

The one in post #18 barely breaks 130" before deductions.

Yeah He actually looks a little better in the pic. Great buck. Short brows hurt that ones score probably. I try not to pay attention to the score too much. Any time I kill a mature deer, I am happy. Not his fault he didn't grow 6 inch brow tines. I killed one last year that had been hit by a car in years past. Mature, but not much on top. I was still happy to have him.

Yeah He actually looks a little better in the pic. Great buck. Short brows hurt that ones score probably. I try not to pay attention to the score too much. Any time I kill a mature deer, I am happy. Not his fault he didn't grow 6 inch brow tines. I killed one last year that had been hit by a car in years past. Mature, but not much on top. I was still happy to have him.

He was actually still too young, but I couldn't hold back. Need to put out more supplements, more plots and let them hit 4.5 years old or older. Then they are wall-worthy

I know the feeling. That's why I like to bowhunt. I don't feel bad killing good three year olds. I consider them fairly mature though, with the hunting pressure. Some may be four. We just stated with a new farm. I am going to lay off the three year olds and try to get something like yalls Kentucky deer.

I know the feeling. That's why I like to bowhunt. I don't feel bad killing good three year olds. I consider them fairly mature though, with the hunting pressure. Some may be four. We just stated with a new farm. I am going to lay off the three year olds and try to get something like yalls Kentucky deer.

I had one on camera (in Elbert County, GA!) that made the one I killed look small. But oh well I sold that farm in Ky that had the big ones 2 years ago and I sold my other farm in Ky last summer. No more Ky land to chase them on.

I had one on camera (in Elbert County, GA!) that made the one I killed look small. But oh well I sold that farm in Ky that had the big ones 2 years ago and I sold my other farm in Ky last summer. No more Ky land to chase them on.

That's a shame about Kentucky, but there are some real bruisers up Elberton way. I bet you got your turkeys too.

That's a shame about Kentucky, but there are some real bruisers up Elberton way. I bet you got your turkeys too.

Our turkey population is not too good right now but here's a pic of one last Dec in my food plot in Elberton. Got soybeans put out this year, but they are keeping them mowed down! Looks like one side is missing

IMG_20131227_163214.jpg

Our turkey population is not too good right now but here's a pic of one last Dec in my food plot in Elberton. Got soybeans put out this year, but they are keeping them mowed down! Looks like one side is missing

View attachment 289172
Here is the one I killed that had been hit. Look at his front right knee. I didn't get him till the following year. What few decent pics I got last year aren't on this machine.
I PICT0415.jpg

Back
Top Bottom