• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

best double edged safey razor for shaving

Ive tried a few different razors and blades. I started with a cheap Van Der Hagen and it was ok, tried a few different blades with it but then moved on to a Merkur. The difference is night and day. I think it might have to do with the angle that it holds the blade at. The weight is nice as well.

For blades I use Feather. They are very sharp and I the need to change them pretty frequently but I'm comfortable with them now.

Perfect timing on this thread. I was down to my last old Gillette Sensor blade and have been looking for a good non-Gillette alternative.

I picked up the Merkur razor mentioned above, and a pack of their blades. I also bought what I thought would be a 5-pack of Shark and Parker blades for $5 and $10 each. It shows how much I've been overpaying for the Sensor blades that that seemed like an OK deal.

Of course when I got them in it turned out they were 20 x 5 packs for that price, so 100 blades each. Now I'm really kicking myself for giving Gillette $2 a blade for the last decade or so.

The safety razor I use is the one target sells with Rick Harrison from pawn stars on the box. It comes with a few blades that work ok. When those ran out, I switched to feathers blades and they work awesome. I'm usually getting 2 weeks per blade use out of them. They are very sharp.

Back
Top Bottom