• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best fruit bearing trees in Georgia?

I can't get peaches to grow for crap! We have Cherry trees and some of the Asian Pear trees that really produce a lot of fruit. Our Apple trees do OK but nothing to write home about, the apples never get any bigger than about the size of a tennis ball and never get sweet. The peaches look like a pit with fuzz on it!!

We get a few cherries every year, if we can get out to them before the squirrels and birds eat them. They start out full of cherries and when they get ripe there might be half a dozen, if that many! The squirrels have acquired a taste for Asian Pears also this year!

Last edited:
Peach trees have a fairly short life span for a fruit tree. I think seven to ten years is all you get- and of course there's not much fruit the first year or two. If you were to give peaches a try, definitely get a Georgia Belle peach. White meat peach that's very sweet- by far my favorite. My Granddad grew several trees, but they were eventually pushed over because they quit bearing fruit.

I have 2 apple trees started. Powder blue blueberry is doing well. I can't grow tomatoes for anything!

if you ever want to ride up to my farm we can teach you how, tomatoes are pretty easy really,,,,,,,, I have a few rabbiteye blueberries that are full of fruit this year

Hey folks,

Moving in a few weeks and going to have the space to do some gardening and planting. Curious what trees that bare fruit grow in ga. My grandparents live in waycross and always had grapes and figs but not sure if those grow good up here. Looking at a honey crisp tree at the moment as they are $3 a lb and the best apple ever.

Thanks for your help guys!
Caleb

Get some Blueberry bushes!

Our soil is perfect for them!

Never have to prune or spray them. Just put a cage around them for about the first 3 years, keep mulching them with pine straw, and they are happy campers.

Back
Top Bottom