• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Grunt?

I've got a Flextone call that does buck, doe, fawn calls. Last year I had two big bucks fighting in some thick stuff out in front of my tree stand but couldn't get a shot. I let out a few buck grunts, they didn't pay me any attention. This bow season I had a doe walking by me but I wasn't interested in taking her so I let out a grunt to see what she did. She looked at me for a minute and then continued on her path. That is my experience with them. Either way I will continue to take my call hunting with me...

Primos Buck Roar. Use the MB (mature buck) setting and it sounds awesome. I've called in numerous deer with it. Some curious but most want to fight. I've tried a bunch of different grunt calls but the Buck Roar sounds the most realistic to me.
There are different settings for it as well from fawn call to trophy buck. I use the fawn call some times but usually the mature buck setting.
Watch the DVD that comes with it too. Great instruction and info.

I also have the Primos Buck Roar, but mine didn't come with a DVD. I can't say if it works or not as I just got it this year, but it sounds better than most I've heard. Didn't work on the doe and fawn I saw opening morning.

I have had on to many occasions that a grunt call spoke deer instead of bringing them in,it may just be me.When primos came out with the call in a can I started using it and will never turn back.Its Great

Back
Top Bottom