• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Best Grunt?

Had couple come by me last year, they were not in a stopping mood. I just called out and said, hey deer. It stopped and looked around. End of story for him.

I got a knight and hale I've had for a few years. It's the kind with the adjustable band for making different calls. I've had more results with it being on young buck and doing tending grunt calls with it. Ba Ba baaaa. Kinda like that. Lol I try not to blind call unless the rut is on. Some of them adjustable calls that makes all the sounds, you need to find the one that sounds best. IMHO You should try a fawn in distress call during bow season. I did once and thought I was going to get my ass kicked by 3 or 4 doe snorting and blowing all around! Haven't used it since...

I prefer Primos but there are several that work fine.

The trick is more in the time of year you grunt. IMO it works best during the pre rut right when the bucks start chasing hot does. Once full rut sets in a mature buck has found his mate, seperated from the pack and 99 times out of 100 he won't pay your grunt calls any attention. His mind is on one thing, but he is most vulnerable because of it.

Knowing the area you are hunting can very much help you determine the specific timing of the rut. Different areas have different times.

- - - Updated - - -

Exlax works fine for me. :rolleyes:

hahaha..

Back
Top Bottom