• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best option while traveling through states

MyRight

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
5   0
Reaction score
Back in the early 2000's when I lived in Indiana, obtaining a non-resident carry license from Utah was all the rage for anyone wanting to travel within the US and remain legal while carrying their firearm. This was simply because at that time, more states reciprocated Utah's non-resident license than most any other.

This appears to have changed, as more states have come to recognize/appreciate our Second Amendment for what it is.

I travel across the southern states about every year and I always have to check the restrictions for each state I pass through to ensure I am remaining compliant with their handgun laws.

So, as it currently stands, it looks like getting a non-resident license from Florida actually provides better access through the southern states than Utah. The state I was having issues complying with is NM, but they honor Florida's non-resident license, so Florida is where I'll be applying to obtain a carry license. Looks like AZ would be runner up for my personal travel needs.

Back
Top Bottom