Best Rifle Vise

nicholas_wb

Default rank <300 posts Supporter
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
I have a traditional bench vise, which I have used for various AR builds in conjunction with the Magpul Bev Block and the Brownells AR-10 barrel extension tool. Additionally, I used a Tipton work bench (not the cool vises) that I'd rig for scope mounting with a Wheeler scope leveling kit.

I've started to go down a bolt action rabbit hole, and often need a vise to mount muzzle brakes. I'd also like to have something for more precise scope leveling (the Tipton work bench is okay, but I constantly have to re-level the rifles in it). If possible, I'd like to have both tools in the same vise (but having a vise for my bolt guns is the priority).

Googling for a solid gun vise only leads to the Tipton Ultra Gun Vise, which looks really nice but all the reviews say that you can't torque the rifle while in the vise. Anyone got a good suggestion on what to buy in this circumstance?

I have the tipton and while it's great for cleaning and mounting scopes and such its not what I would really call a vise. It will hold things steady but if you are putting torque on something like a barrel or muzzle device it's not going to work.

i have a full size metal vise I use for a lot of stuff, I have the magpul BEV block and just got one of the Midwest Industries "reaction rods" for AR15 building (it was on sale at Primary Arms for $69, just got it yesterday), and have the receiver wrench for one of my precision actions (ARC Nucleus).

Next on my list will be something like a Viper barrel vise. Between the tools I have already, this will complete the stuff I need to put together uppers, remove or instal barrels on actions, change muzzle brakes, etc.

Back
Top Bottom