• View counts are not updating correctly, we are looking into it now. Thanks!

Best starter bow thats not a no name big box?

FF/ Trader

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
29   1
Reaction score
Im going crazy and really want to get back into bow hunting. But im not wanting to drop a small fortune to get it just starting out again. I have shot the big box bass pro specials and didn't even feel comfortable hunting with it. Looking at the bear species ev or something like that i have a little cash saved up to help me out. I been out of the bow game so long the standard features today were flagship bows highlights. Any thing to look into or just avoid from your experience.

I have an older BOWTEC Guardian that I hunt with. I've shot other makes and models but love this bow. My draw is 29" and set at 65lbs. The draw on this bow is very smooth from the time you hook on the release to full draw and this bow is very quiet. The only noise heard is the wisp sound from the string cutting the air after release. If I do my part this bow is very accurate as well.

You can find great deals used, if you don’t want to spend a ton, Franklin’s armory has the new 2022 PSE brute fully loaded for $599 and ain’t gunna lie, it was very smooth on the draw, if I didn’t get my Bowtech that’s the one I was going to get

Have you checked out the PSE Stinger Max? I almost went with a Stinger back when I bought my bow, but I ended up finding a new Bear Agenda 6 at a deep discount since it was discontinued.

Here's two that comes in at $300 shipped, only needs the accessories to finish it off.

or

There is such a range in how bows feel. I’ve yet to pick up a Matthews bow that I like the feel of (personal preference). My best recommendation is to shoot before you buy. Most good archery shops at least have a short yardage back stop to allow you to shoot and feel the draw cycle. Cabelas will also. What feels great to one is crap to another. What’s your budget?

Back
Top Bottom