• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best subsonic 300blk load for semi auto rifle?

ThePastafarian

Default rank <400 posts Lifetime Supporter
Have You Been Touched By His Noodly Appendage?
99   0
Reaction score
I am about to finish building my 300blk AR pistol. I was wondering if anybody had any known subsonic loads that will function in an AR platform

What bullet are you trying to use? I can give you my recipes but they are for a 16" carbine. I load for 200gr SMKs, 208gr AMAX, 220gr SMKs, and 240gr SMKs. I'm about to purchase some 203gr Palmettos and give them a go too.

Last edited:
Has anybody shot a 208 AMAX sub load at a deer yet? I tested a round a couple of nights ago by firing it into a road kill possum on the half shell with a couple of gallons of water and a compressed bale of peat moss behind it. Bullet went thru all four and I could not find it. Did not blow a big hole out of the dillo. I am not sure that the bullet is mushrooming at sub speed. Sat in the woods with it this morning and was only going to take a double or high shoulder shot if I had one.

208 amax will not expand at all at subsonic. Your only hope is the bullet tumbling or spinal cord/brain shot. Outlaw state and Lehigh defense makes bullets that are purpose built for hunting at subsonic velocities.

Back
Top Bottom