Best tips for man stoppers

wnchstrtnfldvlle

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
70   0
Reaction score
Well my suppressor finally came in so it is time to start developing my defense rounds.

I will be going for a subsonic round in 300 blackout. Out of a 10.5" barrel with AAC 762sdn-6 attached.

What bullet/tips would you recommend for maximum effectiveness in a closed house environment? Right now I am using Berger 210gr match rounds for target practice, load data. (only bullets I was able to find at the time lol)

Thanks.

At sup speed they don't expand much any ballistics I have seen show they may tumble in someone

I shoot 208 Amax, 220g Serria BTHP and 245 Grain they all punch through any of may normal 9 or 45 pistol backstop media

Last edited:
Also could try these? :noidea:

i195.photobucket.com_albums_z272_romilayu_0bd4c29aef0222a0ff0f80a61028fbad_zps73e52e35.jpg

At sup speed they don't expand much any ballistics I have seen show they may tumble in someone

I shoot 208 Amax, 220g Serria BTHP and 245 Grain they all punch through any of may normal 9 or 45 pistol backstop media

Now would I need to worry about overpenetration to the outside in a fully brick home with any of those?

Now would I need to worry about overpenetration to the outside in a fully brick home with any of those?

Inside any dwelling, there are two problems with using a weapon in a home defense situation:

1) Penetration of an interior wall(s) can result in harming a child or other loved one.
2) Stray projectiles penetrating an exterior window / door / wall can result in harming a neighbor / passing vehicle.

For those two reasons, I personally subscribe to (and use) a 12 Gauge Shotgun loaded with 1 - 1/8 Ounces of Bird Shot. Within the distances that would typically be used in a home, the load is most certainly a "man-stopper", but (unless fired point blank into it) would likely do little to no harm to anyone on the other side of a sheetrock wall or door.

My 2 cents worth on the subject of weapons employed in a HD scenario ...

Inside any dwelling, there are two problems with using a weapon in a home defense situation:

1) Penetration of an interior wall(s) can result in harming a child or other loved one.
2) Stray projectiles penetrating an exterior window / door / wall can result in harming a neighbor / passing vehicle.

For those two reasons, I personally subscribe to (and use) a 12 Gauge Shotgun loaded with 1 - 1/8 Ounces of Bird Shot. Within the distances that would typically be used in a home, the load is most certainly a "man-stopper", but (unless fired point blank into it) would likely do little to no harm to anyone on the other side of a sheetrock wall or door.

My 2 cents worth on the subject of weapons employed in a HD scenario ...

That's good info and it looks out for others. Thank you.

Back
Top Bottom