• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Best Walkie Talkie for distance?

10thmountain

Default rank 5000+ posts
American Warhorse.
121   0
Reaction score
Just curious to know of some you fellas with land/property way out there use walkie talkies? I used to have a southern linc ? Walkie talkie phone back in the day and it was awesome. But that's ancient history. What alternative communication are you guys using? I have used simple walkie talkies out west and they worked great but have since gone totally cellular.

images

I would probably try to find a couple of Motorolas. They were the industry standard for many decades and for a good reason. The old HT90 or HT440 were work horses that were built as solid as a rock and very reliable.

I just came from the site. Very interesting. Is this is a service the government can shut down, monitor or interrupt?

They can and do monitor it for specific operations, mostly drug and cult related stuff but they secure warrants for specifics. They cannot shut down or disrupt it as a whole. They can shut down a particular person for conducting illegal or dangerous activity. Such as using a radio to give out police positions during an operation or someone broadcasting on higher frequencies without authorization.

They can and do monitor it for specific operations, mostly drug and cult related stuff but they secure warrants for specifics. They cannot shut down or disrupt it as a whole. They can shut down a particular person for conducting illegal or dangerous activity. Such as using a radio to give out police positions during an operation or someone broadcasting on higher frequencies without authorization.

So it would be useful while camping in remote areas but not for SHTF.

Back
Top Bottom