Best/Worst Shoot-em-up Movies

givejunkfree

Default rank <1500 posts
ODT Junkie!
9   1
Reaction score
Lacking the enthusiasm for Netflix, pay TV, and the like, I was bombarded by broadcast TV over Halloween with some of the best/worst shoot-em-up movies that I have not seen in decades.

Top of the list:

Death Wish III
Wow. What a funny movie. If you haven't seen it, or have not seen it in a while, find it and watch it. I highly recommend an adult beverage (or a few) and surround sound. It's action packed with super guns, real bad-guy punk rockers, and Charlie Bronson at his (?) finest. Total grey matter infraction. Best of all, it is the best representation of what Chicago is like today (minus all the white guys).

There's a movie called Shoot 'Em Up...has Clive Owen as the main character. First time I saw it, I thought wow, this is a truly terrible gun movie, full of overplayed cliches and completely unbelievable. Then I realized that it was actually a parody and my appreciation for the movie completely changed. In that context, it was brilliant. In one scene, he cuts a baby's umbilical cord by shooting it. Classic stuff.

Back
Top Bottom