Best/Worst Shoot-em-up Movies

Can't be as bad as that UBER ghey movie where Angliea Jolie "curves" the bullets. Not enough beer in Germany to get me to see that one again.

I didn't have a problem with that one. It is supposed to be fantasy and that's OK. The Grey was supposed to be serious and reality based. That was a total fail.

There's a movie called Shoot 'Em Up...has Clive Owen as the main character. First time I saw it, I thought wow, this is a truly terrible gun movie, full of overplayed cliches and completely unbelievable. Then I realized that it was actually a parody and my appreciation for the movie completely changed. In that context, it was brilliant. In one scene, he cuts a baby's umbilical cord by shooting it. Classic stuff.

I couldn't agree more about this movie! It is so bad that you know they meant it to be. The umbilical cord scene is outrageous! It doesn't hurt that Paul Giamatti (typically lovable loser) is the bad guy

That Steven Seagal movie .....You know the one he is out for revenge because someone killed his wife ???.....Oh wait ALL of his movies he is out for revenge because someone killed his wife !!! Greatest actor of our times:-)

Best - Way of the Gun or Thief or Collateral

Worst - Wanted or Shoot 'em Up

I was getting worried no one had said it yet. Way of the Gun is definitely one of the best.

Also the river boat scene in Act of Valor is high on the list.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom