• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bianchi Model 57 Remedy Holster for S&W J-frame

Junior_357

Default rank 5000+ posts
Former Disgruntled Architect
47   0
Reaction score
As some of you know...I am a big fan of Ryan Grizzle's holster handiwork. But I just could not come to grips with paying for a custom holster for my J-frame Model 37. I mean for my 386 Night Guard...yeah, because there aren't many mainstream companies that make a holster designed to fit that gun.

Anywho...I decided to give Bianchi another try. I had a Black Widow that I let go with a revolver deal a few years ago...and while I liked it, it was not exactly my 'cup of tea'. But when I saw the new Remedy holster...I wanted to give it a try.

i44.tinypic.com_1zphagi.jpg

I haven't carried it outside the house yet, but I did wear it around the house tonight. First impression: Nice holster. Almost as nice as my RGrizzle...but not quite. It is TIGHT on the gun right now...which is a good thing. My 386 holster was very tight as well when I first received it...but has broken in nicely now. I am sure the Bianchi will do the same over time. It holds the little gun in very tight to the waist, leaving very little of the gun to project out and 'print'.

i44.tinypic.com_mboeh1.jpg

For $44 with free shipping...I think I made a good decision. If not...I guess I am a 'holster snob' and will just have to breakdown and order one from RGrizzle again.

Jr.

Thanks for the "start" of a great review. Please update us when you get a bit more experience out in the world with it. I'm imagining my 37 would look very nice in that. I know I'm behind the times but I'm stuck in the mode that I need a retention strap for piece of mind. I'd like to hear when/if you ever get into positions/situations where feel like this one is not as secure as you'd like.

JHV -

Bianchi makes a holster just like this with a thumb-break retention strap. It's the Model 56 'Serpent' holster.

I've been wearing a holster similar to this (albeit custom leather) in which I have extensively carried a much larger & heavier gun, and I have never felt like that gun was less secure than I would want it to be. I have found that if the holster is properly molded, the friction of the holster will hold the gun in place. I might think differently if I ever open carried...but that is a very rare occurrence with me.

I will be glad to update this when I have carried it for a couple of weeks/months to break it in.

Jr.

Back
Top Bottom