• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bicycles

SlowMotion

Default rank <750 posts
Frontiersman
7   0
Reaction score
The oldest kid is learning to ride a bike. My wife and I are wanting to get some decent bikes to be able to ride with him. I don't want to get the cheap $100 bikes from Walmart or Academy. I figured there were some members here who had experience with bike shops and decent entry level bikes. Mainly looking for something we can ride in the neighborhood, Peachtree City Cart paths, Hilton Head Island bike paths, etc.

Near us we have a couple bike shops that sale Trek, Specialized, Giant, and a few other brands. Looking to keep it at or below $500. What is the best bang for the buck? Features to look for?

Diamondback either all terrain or mountain. Personally like the 20 speed mountain with front/rear suspension. Dick's has a sale on them now. $349

Any of the brands you mentioned will be fine. Way better than box store. I started in 1990 with a diamond back and eventually moved up to cannondale. Go to local bike shop and pick one. I bought my wife a Trek that she still rides 25 years later. Local bike shop and don't look back.

I'm surprised to see recommendations for both REI and Dicks in the same post on the ODT(2 places I will not be frequenting).

Back
Top Bottom