• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Big bear on record in Virginia woods.

greg vess

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
Elite Idiot
120   1
Reaction score
How often spoke of a woman that babysat me when I was a child. She had four boys and we got into all kinds of mischief. I was at her house yesterday for Christmas to see all the boys in the same time which is rare. She made up a little pamphlet of news articles about their grandfather. He was an avid bear hunter with over 300 bears on record. There was an article in the local newspaper that was written about a particular bear he had killed that topped the scales at 600 lb. They still have the skull and it's massive. I wouldn't want to be on the opposite end of that monster if he was pissed off. That is one big bear!

One of my coworkers lives up in Sautee and he's sworn he has seen one that big
I’ll bet he did.
There’s some big ones up there and I’ve met some of them face to face in the dark coming out of the woods.
They usually bolt right away with zero issues but that big one scared the crap out of me and I was 30’ up a tree.

I’ll bet he did.
There’s some big ones up there and I’ve met some of them face to face in the dark coming out of the woods.
They usually bolt right away with zero issues but that big one scared the crap out of me and I was 30’ up a tree.
Dude if one rolled up on me like that, the bear wouldn't be the only one "****ting in the woods" 🤣

Well, The Ga record stands at 673 lb's right now so ,yes they're out there.
The DNR said when the record stood at 444 lb's several years back that there probably wasn't a handful of bears that size in Ga. Apparently they were WRONG. LOL

Well, The Ga record stands at 673 lb's right now so ,yes they're out there.
The DNR said when the record stood at 444 lb's several years back that there probably wasn't a handful of bears that size in Ga. Apparently they were WRONG. LOL
Absolutely they were wrong.
The big daddy I saw was about as wide as the dashboard on my Jeep.
I was thinking there’s no way I’m shooting this bear cause I don’t have enough friends to help me drag it 1.5 miles off of the mountain.

300 lb is about the norm for the majority of the bear population especially ones that are seen regularly. Those big monster stay pretty well hidden away from humans they don't get that big for nothing. But that that kind of size in a bear could really inflict some severe damage if he was to get pissed off and charge you.

Heck grizzly bears get up to about 700 lb so we're talking a black bear the size of a grizzly that's a daunting realization. Give you something to think about when you're walking in the woods in the pitch black and all you have is a little Mag light.

Back
Top Bottom