Big Rule & Policy Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning. Looks like I missed quite a bit after leaving. Gosh, someone even got a hat from this thread.
CaptDave, guess you stayed up a bit past you limit, but your comment
"Brush the sand out of your vaginas, realize that many of the banned members have something to add, and forgive meaningless transgressions.

Is perhaps one of the most meaningless comments I have ever read. Thank you for your efforts, but if the banned members have so much to give, they should have stayed around and followed the rules. Bunch of bull crap, but thanks Capt Dave.

Schmittzoid, welcome back, hope you had a good trip. Same guy here, just waiting for fun to start this morning. I sure the same ole gang will once again take their shots.
Get ready, I am sure we will loads of fun watching threads like these when those who were banned get back. This one just happens to be mine.

I'm new here but I like to read the rules on any new or in this case new to me website. I may not always follow the rules to the letter but I try to fall in line to the best of my ability. After reading the rules set forth by the owner of this site I would have to say he is doing a good job at keeping and retaining members. Most places if you screw up in the eyes of the moderators even once you are gone and that is a sure way to ensure the demise of any website.

So call this my introduction or whatever but with these kind of rules and this kind of tolerance I think I am going to enjoy it here. Look forward to buying, selling, and trading with you guys.

Thanks,
Wade

That dixie, is way above my pay grade. I can only go by what the owner stated, which is basically, he wanted them back because some got minor infractions that caused their banning. It still took 11 active points for them to be banned. 11!

Zeake, yeah I noticed the posts, but far be it from me to comment on that. The owner and several MODS have told me there were/ are no back door deals, and that no one has been added yet, from the banned list. Your guess is as good as mine as to how they are here.

Wade, welcome to ODT. Your point was well stated. As I understand the new rules, and I could be wrong, but 11 active points will get you banned, but you can come back when the rules are changed again. I don't know, seems fair, right? Some comments have been deleted or as it is said on ODT, sanitized. Expect a lot of this to happen in the future.

but 11 active points will get you banned, but you can come back when the rules are changed again. I don't know, seems fair, right? Some comments have been deleted or as it is said on ODT, sanitized. Expect a lot of this to happen in the future.

11 active points on a member with 1500 post, ABSOLUTELY..... 11 active points on a member with 15000 post, not soooooo much.

I'm new here but I like to read the rules on any new or in this case new to me website. I may not always follow the rules to the letter but I try to fall in line to the best of my ability. After reading the rules set forth by the owner of this site I would have to say he is doing a good job at keeping and retaining members. Most places if you screw up in the eyes of the moderators even once you are gone and that is a sure way to ensure the demise of any website.

So call this my introduction or whatever but with these kind of rules and this kind of tolerance I think I am going to enjoy it here. Look forward to buying, selling, and trading with you guys.

Thanks,
Wade
Welcome Wade!!!

That dixie, is way above my pay grade. I can only go by what the owner stated, which is basically, he wanted them back because some got minor infractions that caused their banning. It still took 11 active points for them to be banned. 11!

Zeake, yeah I noticed the posts, but far be it from me to comment on that. The owner and several MODS have told me there were/ are no back door deals, and that no one has been added yet, from the banned list. Your guess is as good as mine as to how they are here.

Wade, welcome to ODT. Your point was well stated. As I understand the new rules, and I could be wrong, but 11 active points will get you banned, but you can come back when the rules are changed again. I don't know, seems fair, right? Some comments have been deleted or as it is said on ODT, sanitized. Expect a lot of this to happen in the future.

I don't quite understand the points system here yet but, I do understand getting gigged and accounts suspended from other websites for simple disagreements with moderators or other members. Kinda if you don't agree with their politics they gig you for it or suspend your account a couple of days or maybe even permanently if it happens often enough.

Giving someone the opportunity to learn from their mistakes and continue contributing to a website is invaluable to help and maintain a growing community.

My opinion though,
Wade

Your opinion, Safecracka. So, I guess you want the MODS and the owner to pick and choose who must obey the rules? I had the idea that rules are for everyone, silly me. Guess the rules only apply to those who you want them to apply. Newbs get the hat, then banned, older members don't have to abide by the rules. Well, being an older member, guess I can do pretty much whatever I want, according to your opinion. Oh wait, isn't that why some were banned before? They thought they were above the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom