• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Price Changes

I apologize for your posts getting removed, they shouldn't have and I'll talk to staff about it and see what we can do to prevent stuff like this in the future. This site is unreal to manage at scale and the staff does an amazing job with so few people, but I agree that it can be heavy handed at times and seem harsh, and I blame myself for that mostly because I'm the one that wrote the rules, they are just trying to enforce them, and that's not easy. I'd like to apologize to everyone for that and we're gonna have to find a middle ground for that somewhere.
The rules a fairly simple…
But as all rules they are “open” to interpretations….
Appearance seems to be that if you post something a mod doesn’t like they just remove it ……but things clearly defined seem to be left untouched…
We all know it’s a not a paid position..
But why do it then unless you just want the “power” or is it just wanting to be helpful to a forum we all love??
As most people do, I just miss the old days.
Respect, courtesy, decency…
And it’s the internet we all aren’t going to agree anyways.

I apologize for your posts getting removed, they shouldn't have and I'll talk to staff about it and see what we can do to prevent stuff like this in the future. This site is unreal to manage at scale and the staff does an amazing job with so few people, but I agree that it can be heavy handed at times and seem harsh, and I blame myself for that mostly because I'm the one that wrote the rules, they are just trying to enforce them, and that's not easy. I'd like to apologize to everyone for that and we're gonna have to find a middle ground for that somewhere.
Just a suggestion but perhaps you should take a more active role in the website that you created.
You have evolved beyond this one little forum and I congratulate you for that and I applaud your entrepreneurial spirit but numerous good members have been lost due to onerous and uneven handed moderation.
Many have decided that it isn't worth supporting a website that that doesn't support us.
Most of the moderators here do a great job. I know it's like trying to corral all the monkeys in a circus and I appreciate what it takes to get the job done but on the other hand there's a certain segment that enforce rules that they make up as they go along.
Posting your personal opinions inside the rules shouldn't be an enforceable offense.
I used to say that I'd support this site with my money and my time but frankly lately it isn't worth either.
This used to be a great website but I can honestly say that I can no longer recommend it.
For years I was a willing and happy supporter of the ODT until they no longer represented me or my values.
The way things have been lately just expressing my views will get me points or even a ban.
Just writing this has probably put me In the cross hairs of a few.
Go ahead and ban me, it's atypical behavior for the vindictive moderators.
I've only been here for 12 years...what the hell do I know.

Just a suggestion but perhaps you should take a more active role in the website that you created.
You have evolved beyond this one little forum and I congratulate you for that and I applauded your entrepreneurial spirit but numerous good members have been lost due to onerous and uneven handed moderation.
Many have decided that it isn't isn't worth supporting a website that that doesn't support us.
Most of the moderators here do a great job. I know it's like trying to corral all the monkeys in a circus and I appreciate what it takes to get the job done but
on the other hand there's a certain segment of moldly ass clowns that enforce rules that they make up as they go along.
Posting your personal opinions inside the rules shouldn't shouldn't be an enforceable offense.
I used to say that I'd support this site with my money and my time but frankly lately it isn't worth either.
This used to be a great website but I can honestly say that I can no longer recommend it.
For years I was a willing and happy supporter of the ODT until they no longer represented me or my values.
The way things have been lately just expressing my views will get me points or even a ban.
I apologize for not being more active on this side of the site, and I'm already talking to the staff about what we can do to try and get things back to normal around here (if there is such a thing.)

I apologize for your posts getting removed, I wouldn’t have removed them myself, I'll talk to staff about it and see what we can do to prevent stuff like this in the future. This site is unreal to manage at scale and the staff does an amazing job with so few people, but I agree that it can be heavy handed at times and seem harsh, and I blame myself for that mostly because I'm the one that wrote the rules, they are just trying to enforce them, and that's not easy. I'd like to apologize to everyone for that and we're gonna have to find a middle ground for that somewhere.
Thank You !

I apologize for your posts getting removed, I wouldn’t have removed them myself, I'll talk to staff about it and see what we can do to prevent stuff like this in the future. This site is unreal to manage at scale and the staff does an amazing job with so few people, but I agree that it can be heavy handed at times and seem harsh, and I blame myself for that mostly because I'm the one that wrote the rules, they are just trying to enforce them, and that's not easy. I'd like to apologize to everyone for that and we're gonna have to find a middle ground for that somewhere.

zach-galifianakis-smile.gif

Thanks to Okuma Okuma for stepping in to fix the issues with posts being removed. But definitely now due to a couple mods I will for sure not become a supporter again. Not that it makes a difference but I cannot rightly pay to support being silenced just like many of the social media platforms are doing to people for free speech even when it’s not derogatory in any way

Thanks to Okuma Okuma for stepping in to fix the issues with posts being removed. But definitely now due to a couple mods I will for sure not become a supporter again. Not that it makes a difference but I cannot rightly pay to support being silenced just like many of the social media platforms are doing to people for free speech even when it’s not derogatory in any way
posts are back and I can reply here again...still have the point. and thanks Okuma Okuma this has been on going. I have gotten points for crap I deleted. SOMETIMES...I am an asshole and I drunk post. then I delete the post because of the previous statement.

then the post gets un-deleted and I catch a point. I have posted this in the private help forum.

Back
Top Bottom