Big Rule & Policy Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jerry, I have a question for you. If biker, or any of your other friends on here, were to be banned would you feel so strongly about the new rule or would you want him back? Just wondering because I remember when Echo got banned you guys were raising hell and trying everything you guys could to get him back, and even blaming the mod that did it instead of Echo himself.

This post in no way is a shot at you or anything else. It is merely a question. You know I have nothing but respect for you.

Yes, internet forum rules are much more serious, to some anyway.
Why in the world would a respected member, recognized expert in their chosen niche, want to carry this out this far? I've never noticed your such dire need for attention on any other subject. We get it. I promise I will never, ever see your screen name without thinking about rules, banned members and your thirst for attention on the subject. Again, I PROMISE, we get it!
Now y'all quit filling up the feed with this drivel and let's all get back to looking for banned members trying to sneak back in.

Good question. At first I was disappointed that the owner was allowing banned members to come back, and voiced my displeasure. Then, with so many of the fine members of this site wanting to differ with my opinion, I felt the need to respond to their posts. Now the owner posts that the internet site rules are similar to the laws of the land. I mean really, how could I not respond. But your question is well stated.

Jerry, I have a question for you. If biker, or any of your other friends on here, were to be banned would you feel so strongly about the new rule or would you want him back? Just wondering because I remember when Echo got banned you guys were raising hell and trying everything you guys could to get him back, and even blaming the mod that did it instead of Echo himself.

This post in no way is a shot at you or anything else. It is merely a question. You know I have nothing but respect for you.

Jake, all I can say is ask Echo what my stance was. I made an effort to keep him from getting banned. He made his decision and he was banned. I don't believe he will be one of those coming back. I said it before, regardless of who you are, I feel little sympathy for those who were banned. You knew the rules, you chose to ignore them, and you got banned. That is the way I feel.

Jake, all I can say is ask Echo what my stance was. I made an effort to keep him from getting banned. He made his decision and he was banned. I don't believe he will be one of those coming back. I said it before, regardless of who you are, I feel little sympathy for those who were banned. You knew the rules, you chose to ignore them, and you got banned. That is the way I feel.

Nice to hear Jerry. Hope you are doing well.

Good evening. :D

Your Listings in The Classifieds

Starting now, you have the ability to remove posts from anyone in your classifieds ad. My thinking is your ad is yours, you should be able to manage all of it. If there are any unforeseen consequences of this we may go back on it. :D

Well, I think about covers it. I don't feel like anyone will have much of an opinion about it but we'll see :lol:

I'm thinking you need to re-think this one. Right now it seems that the Classifieds are pretty well self moderating. And the poster can lock the thread from the get go. PLUS, if a comment is way out of line, the OP can get relief.

Letting the OP edit the comments seems pretty Facebookish about insisting on PC. Letting the OP edit comments is an invitation to fraud or misrepresentation. Sort of like "free speech" the ad is belongs to the OP, but the forum belongs to you. Point is, that if OP removes comments, other members and mods will never really know it is happening, and so you (admins and mods) will never be aware of the issue.

Just thinking out loud, not uncommon for someone to advertise a .38 S&W as a .38 Special. W/O a comment or inquiry from the peanut gallery this would never be addressed, and OP could carry on. Same thing about nickel/SS guns -- OP dpesn't know the difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom