• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Billl of Sale?

Pugdad

Default rank <750 posts
Retired...Firearm enthusiast and FFL dealer..
Firearms/Accessories Dealer
54   0
Reaction score
I am new to this site and wondered why most classified ads say "no bill of sale required"

How do you protect yourself if you sell a gun that is used in a crime and they trace it to you?

May be stupid, but I would like to know if I sell some items on here.

There are about a 1000 threads on this. Use the search function and you will find out why I don't want people to have my address. Or anything else for that matter. Or you could pay for a 4473 if paranoia is an issue.

I am new to this site and wondered why most classified ads say "no bill of sale required"

How do you protect yourself if you sell a gun that is used in a crime and they trace it to you?

Yeah, kinda stupid.

Mr Police Officer, I sold that in a private sale and didn't get any info because the law doesn't require it. Now go away police man.

From what I understand, a "Bill of Sale" isn't even "legal" unless it is notarized. Also, since there is no "registration" of guns, at least not yet in Ga, if you took a gun on trade or in a private sale then it wouldn't be able to be traced to you anyway unless your fingerprints were on it AND also in the NCIC database. I do not require a bill of sale for a gun EVER. All I need to do to protect myself if someone else commits a crime with a gun that I sold them is to NOT be the one committing the crime.

Thanks for the information!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I was always told there is no question that is stupid...just sometimes the response

I dont do bill of sale because its not needed. That worthless piece of paper does not protect you from anything. If the police find a gun that you bought in a gun store the phone call will go like this. "did you own an hk usp?" "yep, I sold it though". "do you remember to whom". "nope". "ok have a nice day". How do I know this? Because Ive had a LEO call me asking about a gun I sold.

Back
Top Bottom