Biltmore Estates

Asheville is a great place to eat…some good restaurants and brew pubs. As an added bonus, you can people watch and play “hippie, hipster, or homeless” where you try to guess what/if the indigenous population does for a living, their preferred mode of transport or where they’re most likely to spend the night.View attachment 5406881
Love it, little white Rastas living in mommy's basement and begging for more meth money by day. Get a Job!

Holy Smoke! It has been a few years (decades) since I was last there. My, O, My have prices increased!
$69-$109 each for just the Audio Tour. That does not even include the Gardens. Unless they have opened up the entire house, I do not think it is worth the asking price for the fraction of rooms one is allowed to view.

Happy anniversary!

If you are going, the "plus" is the way to go. House one day, gardens the next.

Make sure you stop by The Grove Park Inn, have a drink in the lobby and eyeball the fireplaces and main areas.

It’s been 15+yrs since we been. From the description of what I’m reading, I’m glad too! Wasn’t bad at all when we went. Sounds like it has slid down into the toilet now though.
I hope for ya’lls sake it has gotten better than the descriptions here ! I wouldn’t hold my breath though. Good luck !

Asheville is ultra anti-gun, mega liberal, blue to the bone. I moved away in '96 because it was getting so bad way back then. I'd expect metal detectors and blue haired Karens up the ass
If you like to snort crushed pills, do meth and shoot heroin you'll be in good company. That place is den of man hating, single mother, bastard loving drug addicts

There is only metal detectors at the entrance of the biltmore house+restaurant complex (look at the map).
The auxiliary houses (winery, farm, etc) don't. However, you can't carry because they have a no weapons policy.
My mothers apartment has been broken into 4 times in a seniors complex by the drug addicted grand children of her neighbors. The police have never made an arrest because it happens so often. They didn't dust for finger prints, just come in, look around,make a report and leave. My mom has had to file on her renters insurance and have receipts of anything missing to be reimbursed 4 times.
My best friend whom I haven't spoken to in 4 years because he fell off the radar is a junkie. I don't know if he's alive, dead, in prison or aliens took him. Nobody has seen or heard from him

I mean, that's not an ashville problem, that's just cops doing their jobs. They're glorified note takers with GEDs and badges.

Can't legally carry on private property (business) where "no firearms" sign is posted in NC. Unless the law has changed.

This has not changed.

Can't legally carry on private property (business) where "no firearms" sign is posted in NC. Unless the law has changed.

I was working Charlotte for while, and you had to really be aware of this. Think of Charlotte as Atlanta in Carolina.

A lot of the office buildings and banks are on corners, and have multiple entries. The notice only has to be posted by one entrance, and usually it is a decal on the clear glass fascade in small type- nearly impossible to see.

If you are going, the "plus" is the way to go. House one day, gardens the next.

Make sure you stop by The Grove Park Inn, have a drink in the lobby and eyeball the fireplaces and main areas.
Will have to stop by the grove park, hopefully the one day will be enough for her then im good for awhile.

Asheville is a great place to eat…some good restaurants and brew pubs. As an added bonus, you can people watch and play “hippie, hipster, or homeless” where you try to guess what/if the indigenous population does for a living, their preferred mode of transport or where they’re most likely to spend the night.View attachment 5406881
Lovely live entertainment and a meal.

Back
Top Bottom