Binary Snowflake, thanks odt

Status
Not open for further replies.
California already has an assault rifle ban. Whole lotta good that legislation did.

And their preplotted response is that they don't have ALL of them banned across the country so they are to easy to get and smuggle in. Remember to liberals if something doesn't work, that just means you aren't trying hard enough...

The San Bernadino **** heads supposedly had their ARs modded to full rockn'roll. Some sick **** is going to live stream a mass shooting in a crowded place which will pour more fuel on the assualt-rifle-ban fire and get ALL of the toys taken away.

I hate to sound like a gun-control advocate but there is the practical reality here. There is absolutely no rational reason for that other than ****s and giggles wasting ammo. Which is fun. And if you really need an automatic weapon, go spend the money. Its how the insane and random criminal is at least discouraged from automatic weapons.

But these bypass the NFA. This, bump-stocks, and "arm braces" etc, I am amazed that the ATF has not come out and said, "Nice try, but oh hell no." And its only a matter of time before they do, probably while they are taking away all the EBRs.
So you are pro NFA? Why is that? I don't have a problem with the reasoning behind this time I just think it is unsafe. You are right. You do sound like a gun control advocate.

So you are pro NFA? Why is that? I don't have a problem with the reasoning behind this time I just think it is unsafe. You are right. You do sound like a gun control advocate.

I am realistic and pragmatic. We (gun owners in general and the firearms industry in particular) are not served well by trying to skirt around the law and developing "cooler tacticool toys" that scares the straights. It just give the anti-gunners more rope to hang the 2A with.

We have to police our own so that the general public doesn't need to step in?

The product, while legal, could be subject to tort liability for being a dangerous design. It may not even come down to legislation.

You get an unpleasant surprise the next time you go from safe to fire.
No, the trigger is designed to allow you to shoot either one shot on pull, or "binary" which is one shot on pull and release. If in binary you pull the trigger without releasing, then select safe, the action stops. Returning to fire will not make the gun shoot.

And as for the argument you made around "why would you need this", this is the same argument that the left makes in regarding anything semi-automatic, non-black powder. The correct answer is because it is available, because we are supposed to be armed to the same degree as the military, and because this is America, where need means very little when it comes to consumerism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom