• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bird bangers

patracy

Default rank <4500 posts
ODT Junkie!
55   0
Reaction score
So I impulse purchased a 37mm launcher from a member here. Didn't realize I'd have this much fun. Turned aluminum hulls for it and designed in CAD the "projectiles". 3D printed them and a few other designs. Tossed it on the kids plinker because why not.

20180728_174042.jpg
20180728_192918.jpg
20180728_204037.jpg

I want a china lake. But if I get one, it'll be a 40mm DD.

As to the load. This was with FFFG, 55grn lift is perfect. 55grn report. But I'm going to up that to 75grn.

Do you have a micrometer? Give me the OD of those cardboard tubes. I'm going to start printing the cups I used in bulk. I didn't have any blueprint so I kinda made everything on the fly. Or give me the ID of your aluminum hulls. My 3d printed cups are easy, one less side to glue, the discs are also a "press" fit too. Use hot glue just like those though.

Actually the ID is best of the hulls. Mine are just enough to slide into the tubes, no rubber bands. Just a dab of hot glue to seal it up top.

Do you have a micrometer? Give me the OD of those cardboard tubes. I'm going to start printing the cups I used in bulk. I didn't have any blueprint so I kinda made everything on the fly. Or give me the ID of your aluminum hulls. My 3d printed cups are easy, one less side to glue, the discs are also a "press" fit too. Use hot glue just like those though.
Pm me an address I’ll send you some to use to measure off of I got plenty

Back
Top Bottom