• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bitcoin anyone? Crypto?

Not dead in the sense that you can still "make money" from it, but dead in the sense of an early investor, where the REAL money is made.

It's probably not going to have serious drops or peaks again after that big jump then crash earlier last year.

That's what I mean by "It's dead". You'd do better investing in newer, cheaper coins or watching those markets than trying to make money off bitcoin.
Gotcha, yes I agree with that. It's definitely at the point where it's too late to get in and make money.

So I probably should have clarified what I meant by "Dead".

For daily coin traders it's effectively dead. The early adopters got their money and everyone who's trying to jump on now to make some money in 5-6 months, it's dead. It depends entirely on how you're handling your portfolio. If you're looking down the line then it's probaby the most stable, but if you're trying to pump and dump it's dead because it probably won't grow exponentially any time soon, unless there's a reason for it to do so like some major credit house taking it for payment or something like that. (Visa taking bitcoin would be nice)

Litecoin is starting to get up there, but the current new hotness is chainlink. That's at about 2.50 a coin.
Hmmmmmmm i know nothing of crypto, still dipping toes into securities at this point

A few guys i know have cleared well over 100k though on crypto openings like you said

Any examples of crypto coins that have bombed tremendously?

May have been a mistake but I stuck $750 into Grayscale bitcoin trust into the Roth IRA... when you really look into it, i truly
Believe it will be huge one day...

Definitely not betting “big” on it but a little won’t hurt.

Any other bitcoin investors on here?

Facebook just jumped on the bandwagon and introduced their version Libra which is nothing like bitcoin which is more a “ digital gold”...
Look into ripple(xrp) is there coin. It has real liquid assest backing. Not **** pulled out of thin air

Look into ripple(xrp) is there coin. It has real liquid assest backing. Not **** pulled out of thin air

Ripple has never been over $3. It hit that 1 daybut never again. It onsistently hovers around .30 cents. Only once has it reached that peak,during the”speculations” of going mainstream

While I do have a little Ripple,I don’t expect anything from it. I don’t believe it to be the success it was “pumped and dumped out to be”

Ripple has never been over $3. It hit that 1 daybut never again. It onsistently hovers around .30 cents. Only once has it reached that peak,during the”speculations” of going mainstream

While I do have a little Ripple,I don’t expect anything from it. I don’t believe it to be the success it was “pumped and dumped out to be”
We shall see!!! A couple hundred bucks cant hurt at .25 each. If what i have read over the last week (speculation) it could pay off my house plus some. Its hard to figure out which ones are scams(80%) and which ones arent. Never play with more then you can afford to lose. I have certainly lost MUCH more than that in the stock market

To be fair in reality it's all pulled out of thin air.

My rule of thumb goes back to the basics. If I can't smoke it, shoot it, hump it, eat it, live under it or use it to facilitate any of the previously mentioned, it's thin air.

But that's just my 0.000002 BTC.

Hmmmmmmm i know nothing of crypto, still dipping toes into securities at this point

A few guys i know have cleared well over 100k though on crypto openings like you said

Any examples of crypto coins that have bombed tremendously?

Ripple got hacked due to security issues so it's bombing hard right now. Massive sell offs.

As for Crypto:

Bitcoin is dead. Very dead. The fact that it's being discussed here is proof of that. (No offense guys, but the adage "if you're not in the industry and you've heard of it, it's mainstream.")

If you honestly really truely want to get into crypto, start small. There are a few coins that are well under a dollar a unit that you could buy with some pocket money(~20 bucks), and just stash. If nothing becomes of it, who cares, if it does have a rise, nice. Sell when you're comfortable and for Gods sakes do not get greedy.

There is a very good reason greed is considered an original sin. It is the downfall of man. It will bite you in the ass. Enough people got bit (Pun not intended) by bitconnect and by thinking that they could hop in on the bitcoin wave only to lose half their money. If it sounds too good to be true, it 100% is. A small profit is better than a huge loss. Pay attention, but don't react violently to every market move.

Basically, it's gambling. Spend what you can afford. Consider the money gone after you put it out in the market.
Don't Listen to this fear merchant. Bitcoin keeps growing, it's simple supply and demand. The supply is constant and the demand is growing. If you want to get involved with crypto, buy MOSTLY bitcoin and then maybe 25% or less in more speculative assets. It's likely they wont be around in the next couple years...but bitcoin WILL be. Compare the top cryptocurrencies of 2017 to the ones today. VASTLY different picture.

Back
Top Bottom