• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Black Rifles GALORE in jacksonville Fl

ry57speedybird

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
41   0
Reaction score
I always frequent gun stores as a drive around the southeast. One of my favorites (Until yesterday) was Shooters in Jacksonville. I walked in yesterday to a 10-15 person line in front of the cash register. I walked to the back corner of the store and you would have thought it was 2 weeks ago. EVERY HOLE had a black rifle in it. It took me back a minute like I was in a twilight movie thinking this is unreal. I then heard one of the 10 clerks behind the counter quoting prices. "Completely basic rifles start at $2500.00 and go up to $8000.00." I accused the group of gouging. He said the prices were a "deal" because you cant buy them anywhere else. I asked how much for a OD Knights Armament sitting on the shelf. NOTHING had a price on it so he walked to the back and came back with a grin on his face. $6500.00.... ..... I asked if the distribs raised his price or if they were taking advantage of the recent circumstance. :mad: "He said that is what they cost us now"
I then watched a man walk in (5 MINUTES LATER) with a armalite (never fired) AR-15, hard case, 2 mags, eotech 512, and wanted to sell it to buy presents for his little girl. They told him all they could give was $500.00 for the gun and he could keep the eotech.
I promptly hooked the nice man up with a local friend who bought his AR at a "fair" price and will never return back to SHOOTERS in JAX again.

anyone else see stores raping customers?

happy black rifle hunting!!

Was there someone at the door with a shotgun forcing these people to buy at these prices?
If not then let it go and welcome to Capitalism 101.

:doh:

:deadhorse:

You know people will say that because supply is limited and these stores need to cover their overhead when the supply dries up they should be jacking the prices up. Understandable. But to charge $2500 for a rifle that you know you paid $600 is ridiculous. Personally I've seen a lot of websites and brick and mortar stores that could be doing the same thing but they aren't. Are they foolish because next month they won't have any stock to sell to cover the bills? Maybe, but they don't seem too worried about it obviously, so why are other stores doing it? Seems like they are just trying to take advantage if you as me.

You know people will say that because supply is limited and these stores need to cover their overhead when the supply dries up they should be jacking the prices up. Understandable. But to charge $2500 for a rifle that you know you paid $600 is ridiculous. Personally I've seen a lot of websites and brick and mortar stores that could be doing the same thing but they aren't. Are they foolish because next month they won't have any stock to sell to cover the bills? Maybe, but they don't seem too worried about it obviously, so why are other stores doing it? Seems like they are just trying to take advantage if you as me.

If you buy a rifle for $600, that the store could have sold for $2500, are you taking advantage of the store?

If you buy a rifle for $600, that the store could have sold for $2500, are you taking advantage of the store?

If all the other stores are selling for $600 then no. And thats the point I'm trying to make. A lot of stores, big and small, are not raising the prices. So if you have 10 stores that aren't raising the prices and 2 stores that are, are they gouging? If we weren't in panic mode and you had a store selling $800 Bushmasters for $2000 we wouldn't say "Capitalism" We'd belittle them and say we'd never go back.

If all the other stores are selling for $600 then no. And thats the point I'm trying to make. A lot of stores, big and small, are not raising the prices. So if you have 10 stores that aren't raising the prices and 2 stores that are, are they gouging? If we weren't in panic mode and you had a store selling $800 Bushmasters for $2000 we wouldn't say "Capitalism" We'd belittle them and say we'd never go back.

What's keeping people out of the $600 stores?

Back
Top Bottom