• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Broken Imperial Ireland Stainless Fixable?

EchoVon

Default rank <50 posts
Outdoorsman
0   0
Reaction score
Any one have any idea if blade replacement is possible. I have toted this knife probably 20K miles. I thought it would be easy to have the company repair, never researched the company before, seems they are no longer. This thing is so easy to sharpen and holds an edge like crazy. I dropped it off 20 foot ladder on cement and the blade went one way and the handle another. I have other knives and will eventually find another Imperial but I am just sentimental about this one. Any suggestions on blade replacement. Thanks.
Immperial1.jpg

It's a tool, get a new one. I used to carry a Cold Steel RECON 1 everywhere, it was just a bad ass knife until I chipped the blade. It hurt for a while but a goodbye was always on the horizon

I actually have the same knife in my tool box. Bought it at Sears in Biloxi I believe. I bought it because it was made in Ireland, which is kind of odd for most knives are either USA or Asia.

You are right - it is super light and holds a mean edge. I have had mine for about 20 years.

Any one have any idea if blade replacement is possible. I have toted this knife probably 20K miles. I thought it would be easy to have the company repair, never researched the company before, seems they are no longer. This thing is so easy to sharpen and holds an edge like crazy. I dropped it off 20 foot ladder on cement and the blade went one way and the handle another. I have other knives and will eventually find another Imperial but I am just sentimental about this one. Any suggestions on blade replacement. Thanks.
View attachment 1447375
Make a custom oyster flipper out of it.

Back
Top Bottom