• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Blade Show 2014 - What did you get?

Michael Burch @burchtree blade works is one of the hottest custom knife makers in the country right now... The guy has a list to get on his list for his CLOSED list!

and .... still one of the nicest guys you will ever meet!

Lottery table price on his custom $650-950 / secondary market price $3,000+ The knife in the photo sold at auction (at Blade) for $13,000!

How is that knife worth $13,000? Good lord. I love a good knife but seriously that is insane.

Rich kids that do not know what to do with mom and dad's money.

I picked up a Shadow Tech Talon G knife. They are made in Ohio and appear to be well made and sturdy. Unfortunately, I found the Company website and may need to order a couple more.

Shadow Tech Talon G.jpg

I also brought home a KA-BAR neck knife for my son's friend who is off to West Point this month.

I picked up a Shadow Tech Talon G knife. They are made in Ohio and appear to be well made and sturdy. Unfortunately, I found the Company website and may need to order a couple more.

View attachment 290394

I also brought home a KA-BAR neck knife for my son's friend who is off to West Point this month.

I looked and looked at that exact same knife. I couldn't decide between it and a ESEE Izula II, so I didn't buy either until I make up my mind.

He told us he was hopping for $3-4,000 at $5,000 he was thrilled at $10,000 he was buying his kids a kiddie pool from Walmart! LOL

I agree with you man... but you know what, I'm happy for Mike & Abby!

I know Michael Burch, and that's no lie. Can't find a nicer guy. But I wouldn't have paid 13k for the knife. I told him as much. Haha

The plot thickens...

Greg Medford talks about the incident in question in this video, starting about the five minute mark:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nfx2Up_Ej_w&list=UUHFE5B9q2pPkNqTxpuTw6tA

Thanks for sharing the link. I was going to write a detailed, word-by-word account of the entire incident but it’s not worth my time. Here are a few things you should know just to point out some of the major inconsistencies. First, I went to the Medford booth on Saturday. Greg says “it (the knife) was going to sell within the first 10 minutes of the show” meaning Friday. Sorry, wrong.

He says I was there for an hour and asked for prices on 50 knives. I was actually there for 15, maybe 20 minutes and asked for the price on 2 knives.

At least he admits that Colin misquoted the price (which he wouldn’t admit that day) . . . on that we can agree. He would not sell the knife for the original $750 price I was told, or for $850. Him saying in the video that he offered to sell me the knife for $850 is a complete lie. He wanted over $1,000 for it. I never mentioned anything about a verbal agreement until AFTER he said he wouldn’t honor either price.

The best part is at the end (and he said the same thing to me that day) where he said I should apologize. When I ask him what I would be apologizing for he couldn’t / wouldn't answer. That should give you a little insight to him and his gigantic ego, that he wanted me to apologize to him for his employee misquoting the price. Obviously he expected me to pay whatever he asked and thank him for the opportunity to buy one of his knives.

Last edited:
But he ships "knives in daiily for the show" ooooooooook GREG, way to make yourself sound important...

Honestly man, there are some really awesome guys in the custom knife world, both product and attitude. Nooooooo need to give some jerkoff your hard earned attorney money! lol

Thanks for sharing the link. I was going to write a detailed, word-by-word account of the entire incident but it’s not worth my time. Here are a few things you should know just to point out some of the major inconsistencies. First, I went to the Medford booth on Saturday. Greg says “it (the knife) was going to sell within the first 10 minutes of the show” meaning Friday. Sorry, wrong.

He says I was there for an hour and asked for prices on 50 knives. I was actually there for 15, maybe 20 minutes and asked for the price on 2 knives.

At least he admits that Colin misquoted the price (which he wouldn’t admit that day) . . . on that we can agree. He would not sell the knife for the original $750 price I was told, or for $850. Him saying in the video that he offered to sell me the knife for $850 is a complete lie. He wanted over $1,000 for it. I never mentioned anything about a verbal agreement until AFTER he said he wouldn’t honor either price.

The best part is at the end (and he said the same thing to me that day) where he said I should apologize. When I ask him what I would be apologizing for he couldn’t / wouldn't answer. That should give you a little insight to him and his gigantic ego, that he wanted me to apologize to him for his employee misquoting the price. Obviously he expected me to pay whatever he asked and thank him for the opportunity to buy one of his knives.

Back
Top Bottom