• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

bobcat mp5 clone

Bobcat falls under the SW umbrella, along with Vulcan/Hesse, Coharie, etc. and they should all be avoided at all costs. Generally speaking they're nothing but trouble.

Haven't priced them in several years, seems like they were running 1200 or so in 06-07.

by what i can come up with any an all problems...that i have read on forums....were all ammo caused or a few that needed a lil minor drimmeling .....and they are backed by a lifetime warranty

I had a Bobcat MP5 for a few years and had issues with it when I first got it. A new mag fixed it and I never had another problem with it. I sold mine for $1000.00 simply because I had plenty of AR uppers that did the same thing as the MP5 clone does.

All clones have horror stories behind them, some deserve it and some don't. I lean more toward the don't side myself.

gocargo said:
Vance, you are mistaken with that broad-stroke statement
Which part, that they fall under SW or that they should be avoided? One could easily argue that the two go hand in hand.

It's a fact that Bobcat, Coharie, Omega, and a couple of others I can't think of offhand are all offshoots of Todd Bailey and SW. That alone is reason to avoid them. The guy is an asshat with a well deserved reputation of being the shadiest guy in the business and turning out weapons of unacceptable quality. Are there Bobcats and Coharies out there that run fine? Sure there are, but there are also far to many that don't.

I'll concede that these aren't my area of expertise. I did dabble in that arena a few years back though and the guys in the business I know and trust well advised me to stay far away from anything even remotely connected to Todd Bailey, and I chose to heed that advice. Beyond that, I'd much rather have 1 weapon at $5k that I know will run than 5 weapons at $1k that has a 50/50 or better chance of being an unreliable pile of $%#$%#$%#$%#.

Back
Top Bottom