Body Armor

Ive never personally used or handle any of their products but plate size seems odd. If you have never worn body armor before I would recommend going to a gunshow or a store that carries it and trying out different sizes and plate cut variations.

The brand I have used, sold, and tested in the past was Spartan.

I ended up buying Level 3 12x10 plates and a carrier. I put it on last night with a patterned shirt on over it and it actually didn't print too badly on the front. The top of the carriers printed more on the back. I can see that in the fall and winter I should be able to wear a shirt and sport coat over it and barely print. I'm glad I passed on that 9x9 bundle.

Verco Materials makes an excellent product. I have been their design facilities/factory engineer plumber and plumbing engineer since their inception. They make their product right here in Atlanta.

There are a lot of folks out there doing dangerous jobs who can't afford or don't think they need a "good" body armor system..... but they might be willing to pay 130 bucks for a carrier and a couple of plates to protect their chest and back.

I think more people should buy and use things like this.

But you are alive.....
bulletpaluza bulletpaluza I wasn't shot...

I was working out in armor to get used to it. 16 pounds of RMA plates. Blew out my low back, couldn't walk, missed work, 2 days in hospital, spinal injections, walked with a cane for 6 months, good times.

I made the pact to lose the weight that my armor weighed and get in better shape because of it. I'm currently down ~60 pounds, weigh less than I did in college, and bought lighter plates.

Back
Top Bottom