• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Boresight, two lines that never meet

In boresight does the line of sight and the line of bore meet?

• Yes

Votes: 35 87.5%
  • No

Votes: 5 12.5%

• Total voters
I
It's not a matter of a different way of thinking or a different understanding. It's all common knowledge to most of us. We just use the common language associated with it.
I agree on a common language and common knowledge and common sense. It is another way of looking at it and I am not getting the point across.

I

I agree on a common language and common knowledge and common sense. It is another way of looking at it and I am not getting the point across.
Okay. You are getting the point across. All I've been trying to get across is that none of this a some great mystery.

You are right it is not, however, I think when we are gone it will be a great mystery, storytelling time lol.

In Field Artillery (FA) manual methods of computing data is gone, it's more simple to use a computer, then when we lose the computer and the back up we have rounds, powder and fire missions and we cant shoot. That ticks me off. Finally realized that we have to keep the art and science alive or die by the black box.

You are right it is not, however, I think when we are gone it will be a great mystery, storytelling time lol.

In Field Artillery (FA) manual methods of computing data is gone, it's more simple to use a computer, then when we lose the computer and the back up we have rounds, powder and fire missions and we cant shoot. That ticks me off. Finally realized that we have to keep the art and science alive or die by the black box.

Guy in our hunt club is West Point, Viet Nam, field artillery, and it is just as interesting as all get out to listen to him describe what they had to do for a big shoot.

Best friend was a Capt. in tanks in Viet Nam, and they did not have shoot on the move capability. Another one that's really interesting to talk about mechanical ranging with a dash of seat of the pants.

Back
Top Bottom