Bought my first: Aero Lower (now a build thread)

Piglatinhater

Default rank <5000 posts
ODT Junkie!
82   3
Reaction score
Over the last week I started to buy random m5 aero components. The BCG came in today, and its got to be the nicest BCG I've gotten and also the only one that came in its own box display vs arriving rolled up in bubble wrap like my toolcraft or in plastic webbing like my others.

20210306_080521.jpg

BCG $205
Ordered:
-m5 lower $145
-m5 stripped upper $102
-ejection door $10

I'll update as the build comes together. No idea what exactly that is going to look like at this point or if it'll be Aero exclusive. I'm just starting to poke around for a forward assist + adjustable gas block.

I PUT MINE TOGEATHER LAST WEEK ! GREAT FIT ! I USED WILSON FLUTED MATCH BARREL AND BOLT CARRIER , EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AERO !WAITING ON SIGHTS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE SCOPE THAT WILL WORK WELL WITH 168 GRAIN FEDERAL MATCH AMMO !

I put together an M4E1 with all Aero parts a little over a year ago. It was the first Aero build I did and I was very impressed! Not only were the parts top notch, but with the way the M4E1 receiver was designed it made putting everything together extremely easy.

What caliber are you building?

I’ve built quite a few .308’s and 6.5CM’s for customers, and at least one .243, using wholly Aero parts. No idea on accuracy, but the ones that I built have not come back in the shop with complaints.

I’d skip the adjustable gas block, especially on a gun that hasn’t been test fired and run yet.

It will take any standard forward assist....they aren’t caliber specific.

TruPrep is Aero’s largest “brick and mortar” retailer. May have Aero parts that you are looking for, as well as parts from other manufacturers.

I PUT MINE TOGEATHER LAST WEEK ! GREAT FIT ! I USED WILSON FLUTED MATCH BARREL AND BOLT CARRIER , EVERYTHING ELSE WAS AERO !WAITING ON SIGHTS AND FIGURE OUT WHAT TYPE SCOPE THAT WILL WORK WELL WITH 168 GRAIN FEDERAL MATCH AMMO !
Awesome! Why are you yelling at us? Lol

What caliber are you building?

I’d skip the adjustable gas block, especially on a gun that hasn’t been test fired and run yet.

It will take any standard forward assist....they aren’t caliber specific.

TruPrep is Aero’s largest “brick and mortar” retailer.

-308 probably
-leaning towards the adjustable for my YHM can
-I'm no where near TruPrep any more. They are awesome!

-308 probably
-leaning towards the adjustable for my YHM can
-I'm no where near TruPrep any more. They are awesome!

I’m not familiar enough with the YHM can to know how much back pressure it causes, but a well-balanced AR system shouldn’t require an adjustable gas block to function with and without a can. If the can generates an inordinate amount of back pressure, then it’s possible that you could need an adjustable gas block. Personally, I build them without and only swap it for an adjustable if it’s absolutely required.

Back
Top Bottom