• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

"Bourne Identity" movie....

ASSAULTLIFE

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
382   0
Reaction score
Just saw the Bourne Identity with Matt Damon, again, and was trying to see if anybody knows what "sniper" rifle that bad guy used that Matt Damon kills in the field.....

Attachments

• bbbb.jpg
    bbbb.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 612
From imfdb.com
i52.tinypic.com_33m0mso.jpg

The Professor (Clive Owen) uses a SIG SG 550 Sniper as his weapon of choice, assassinating Nykwana Wombosi (Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje) in Paris with it. He is seen with the rifle again later in the French countryside, after he tracks down Jason Bourne and Marie Kreutz to Marie's stepbrother's home. The "suppressor" shown in the film is actually a Hogue OverMolded™ free-floating handguard for the AR15/M16 rifle. Even if the suppressor was functional, it would have to be attached to the end of the barrel in order to actually suppress the report of the weapon. Simply sliding it over the barrel would do absolutely nothing to the sound of the round being discharged. Also note that there are no provisions on the SIG 550 shown (IE; a threaded muzzle or some sort of mount attached to the barrel) to attach the "suppressor" depicted.

Also note that there are no provisions on the SIG 550 shown (IE; a threaded muzzle or some sort of mount attached to the barrel) to attach the "suppressor" depicted.

who says Sig has to offer that? None of my hosts came from the factory "can ready." Also some suppressors DO have barrel shrouds - making it appear to be simply sliding it over the barrel.

Also note that there are no provisions on the SIG 550 shown (IE; a threaded muzzle or some sort of mount attached to the barrel) to attach the "suppressor" depicted.

who says Sig has to offer that? None of my hosts came from the factory "can ready." Also some suppressors DO have barrel shrouds - making it appear to be simply sliding it over the barrel.

I just quoted it from IMFDB.

Back
Top Bottom