• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bow or Gun?

I sold my 7mm a few years ago and will probly never gun hunt for any big game ever again.. I LOVE bow hunting... there is nothing like smelling the breath of the animal you are about to kill...

However I do want a .243 or a heavy barrel .308 for my kids to deer hunt with..

Prolly only take my rifle a few times this year. I'm going up against thousands of folks huntin Ft.Stewart with my bow haha. This season should be interesting.

My plan is to hit the bow only areas and just past where all the gun hunters will be hah.

Prolly only take my rifle a few times this year. I'm going up against thousands of folks huntin Ft.Stewart with my bow haha. This season should be interesting.

My plan is to hit the bow only areas and just past where all the gun hunters will be hah.

Yeah, its tough going in knowing you have folks that can reach out and touch one... But i guess that all comes with the territory..Intensity of the hunt.

I killed my first deer at 13 years old with a bow, and my next one at 14 with a bow. It wasn't until I was 15 that I killed one with a gun. I like the challenge of bow hunting, but I love guns so its a toss up for me. There is something about getting close enough with a bow, but something about them not taking another step with a gun. My next goal is pistol which I have yet to try.

Becareful in those bow only areas...they hold good numbers and deer and hogs usually arnt as skittish of people, but they are usually close to places with alot of human traffic and people aint affraid to steal no matter where you are. I had a trail camera stolen out of a bow only area about two months ago trying to scout for hogs, but ive never had anything else messed with in more wooded areas.

Back
Top Bottom