• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Bow or Gun?

91xjgawes

Default rank <300 posts
Tracker
8   0
Reaction score
I do a lot of both each year. Every year before season I always tell myself that I am going to hunt bow only...

Every year it never fails.. I bring out one of the rifles!

Again this year I am going to try and stick it out with the bow.

So, Lets hear How you all decide.

As long as its shootin dear its all fun to me... but stickin one with the ole matthews is a good feeling!

:cool:

Got burned out deer hunting with rifle a few years back and. Bought a bow last fall and started practicing, made a few 3D shoots this year and am getting excited about chasing the whitetail again.
Hoping to get a shot (at least shoot at) a nice deer this fall.

Got burned out deer hunting with rifle a few years back and. Bought a bow last fall and started practicing, made a few 3D shoots this year and am getting excited about chasing the whitetail again.
Hoping to get a shot (at least shoot at) a nice deer this fall.

Heck yea! I know what you mean by getting burnt out.

Cant wait to hear you telling us the story about you stickin one!

To me it is all about what you want to get from the experience. I hunted bow only for the last 2 years, but I had a lot of stress at the time, and it seemed to help clear my head. I find I am much more alert bowhunting, and that distracts me from thinking about work. With a gun, I don't need to be as alert because I can reach out and tap a deer from much further away, not to mention the lack of worry about scent and cover.

Back
Top Bottom