• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Brass tumbler media

GreenPanther

Default rank 5000+ posts
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
115   0
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a good source of corn cob or another media that cleans brass well at a decent price in bulk? I would rather buy a good amount of media and save some money rather than keep buying a couple pounds at a time at the local gun shops.

Thanks, that looks like a pretty decent deal and they are close by too. Have you ever used any other media for tumbling like pet bedding, rice ect.?

Thanks, that looks like a pretty decent deal and they are close by too. Have you ever used any other media for tumbling like pet bedding, rice ect.?

No, I stick to corn cob with a bit of red rouge, and a dryer sheet ripped in pieces in the tumbler to keep the dust down.

do NOT use corncob from walmart. that stuff isn't ground fine enough and gets stuck in cases as big as .40
I tried and spent over an hour trying to remove the stuff.

Lizard litter wherever you find it such as Pet Smart or other pet supply places.
Read the bag and verify it is ground walnut shells. (I think it is more agressive so experiment with your tumble time)
I use it to success along with the dryer sheet trick.

Bar Keeps friend or another citric acid base or NuFinish, a cap or so really speeds up the process.
Just tried the hot water lemon juice 10 minute soak then rinse the other night and like the results too.
Running on at the keyboard now so good night.

I normally use corn cob and add in some nu finish with great results. I have about 10,000 pistol brass i have been sitting on and am ready to clean and now I am looking to see what my options are to clean it cheap before I collect more brass in the next couple months.

Harbor Freight sells 25lb boxes of tumbling media. with a coupon for 20% off, it's about $20. they have a few different sizes and stuff to choose from. the new one in Dunwoody stocks it. I would assume the others do as well.

Back
Top Bottom