• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Brick Mason

ddennis

Default rank <2000 posts
ODT Junkie!
45   0
Reaction score
Looking for a brick Mason around Lawrenceville / Athens. Initially I need to send you a pic of some damage to a house my daughter is looking to buy and get your thoughts , if she goes through with purchase we'll schedule the repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Whatever you do, do NOT pay them for more than half the bricks they lay, the balance will be paid when the job is complete.
Don't ask me how I know.

Whatever you do, do NOT pay them for more than half the bricks they lay, the balance will be paid when the job is complete.
Don't ask me how I know.

Thanks! Hoping they won't have to lay any..just repair a crack in the mortar. But I'm not a brick guy so I don't know... :-)

Maybe a good time to practice. Contractors don't like small jobs.

I need a pro opinion to make sure it's not structural. I don't feel that it is (home inspector scheduled for next week - but wanted my own opinion on it) based on the fact that there is no drywall crack on the inside behind it.

I need a pro opinion to make sure it's not structural. I don't feel that it is (home inspector scheduled for next week - but wanted my own opinion on it) based on the fact that there is no drywall crack on the inside behind it.

Are you sure the drywall wasn't repaired already?

The only way to "fix" a crack in concrete, brick, or block wall is to tear it down and start over, anything else is just a patch.

The contractors are skimpy with the grading and the amount of concrete they put in the foundation, that's why walls and floors crack.

What I build doesn't crack.It might cost more on the front end, but it'll be there for the long haul.

Looking for a brick Mason around Lawrenceville / Athens. Initially I need to send you a pic of some damage to a house my daughter is looking to buy and get your thoughts , if she goes through with purchase we'll schedule the repair.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Cracks are normally caused by movement or impact. Cracks can be repaired provided the structure, footing etc. has stopped moving by whatever means. Sometimes (mostly in homes) structures move due to poor dirt compaction, undersized steel lintels over openings such as over garage doors, Improper anchoring of steel lintels and/or poor quality or undersized brick anchors from poor building practices. If and only if the movement has been stopped (such as an older building, repair footings, redirect water etc.) you can make repairs that will last for years. There are proper methods for doing so. Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions I can help you with. Also, search ASTM 530 of Masonry Standards on the internet....there is a mountain of info on this subject.
I have been a commercial masonry contractor for 37 years. I hope this helps.
I can be reached at 678-773-3585. Curt

Back
Top Bottom