• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

British petroleum

I need more info at this point. They were at least smart enough to turn down James Cameron's offer.

I just wonder if it's as bad as "they" say. Coming from this administration everything is suspect.
I just don't know what could have been done to prevent the event. Hind sight is 2020. Just like the towers I don't think too many people saw this coming.
I wonder if we had opened up other drilling sights, like shallow water and Alaska, if we would have such a hard time capping something that was not over a mile deep where everything is done by robots.

They won't get anymore of my business. I understand mistakes and the fact that drilling for oil is a necessary evil. But the CEO saying that the oil was " a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of water in the Gulf" was too much for me. They only see money, not the delicate ecosystem that is being saturated by oil. This is all a cost of doing business for them. Lets not forget the record profits they were raking in when gas was over $4 a gallon.

I'm officially done with the company that has single handedly wiped out the gulf. This has gone on way too long. I saw a report on the news saying that a boycott of BP was only hurting Mom and Pop buisnesses. Well Mom and Pop need to find a new franchise because I don't have to buy BP products and I wont.

The DNR has been closing seasons because of "overfishing" and these tards can wipe out the ecosystem for decades. I'm more than pissed

They won't get anymore of my business. I understand mistakes and the fact that drilling for oil is a necessary evil. But the CEO saying that the oil was " a drop in the bucket compared to the amount of water in the Gulf" was too much for me. They only see money, not the delicate ecosystem that is being saturated by oil. This is all a cost of doing business for them. Lets not forget the record profits they were raking in when gas was over $4 a gallon.

Be careful of who you listen to. BP and others made a record amount of profits... But they spent record amount of money in R&D exploration and drilling because the govt would not allow them to get the oil from other areas. This is the reason they are drilling in unsafe areas. Part of the reasons gas was so high. Profit and profit margins are two different things...How many of us would operate any busness on 1-2 % profit margins. Especially when you have to have everything you do "approved" by the govt?

Back
Top Bottom