• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Broken dryer in kennesaw

dogesco

Default rank <500 posts
Survivalist
43   0
Reaction score
Have an old dryer in me and another ODTers apartment.

It has been solid for at least fifteen years and just cut off. The dryer itself works (it turns on, blows heat, just doesn't rotate or 'tumble' the clothes). My dad thinks its just a broken belt. Like I said, functions, just won't spin the clothes.

Located in Kennesaw right off of i75. Looking for someone that is a handyman or could figure it out with ease. Will pay parts and labor as needed and negotiated.

Please PM.

I bet on belt and or pulleys. I just replaced mine. The things are super simple. Your first step is to YouTube your model and disassembly. Once u pull it apart the problem should be clear. Most likely u will have a thin belt laying on the floor of the tub on a gigantic pile of lint. So much that u will probably wonder why ur house has not burnt down. Go ahead and clean that out. Once u find your broken part, google it and find a cheap appliance part place. I think I have used appliance warehouse or something like.

Order part, YouTube the part name + installation and viola... U did it yourself!

If your dryer turns and blows heat, it can either be one of two things...belt and or pulleys... Or motor. If its the motor... May be better hitting Craigslist.

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom