• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Buckhead Theatre, Atlanta - CCW go or no-go?

shadowblade232

Default rank <200 posts
Tracker
43   0
Reaction score
Going to see a favorite group that hasn't toured in a long time. Anyone know if they have metal detectors at Buckhead Theatre in Atlanta?

I know the Fox just added some last year, no idea if other venues in the area are following suite.

What items are not allowed inside the Buckhead Theatre?
-
The following items are prohibited for all shows:

• No guns, knives, weapons, pepper spray, projectiles of any kind, or any other item that could be used to inflict harm.
• Replicas of any type of weapon are NOT permitted
• No drugs, drug paraphernalia or illegal substances of any kind
• No outside food or drinks
• No personal video cameras, Go-Pros, selfie sticks, drones, masks or laser pointers.
• No professional audio, video, or audio recording equipment - (including detachable lenses, tripods, zooms or commercial use rigs)
• Anything fun, exciting, cool or otherwise supported or embraced by ANY ODT member
• Gingers, Midgets, Goats, Camels or Sheep.....heck, ALL farm animals
• No unsealed liquids or gels of any kind
• No jewelry or clothing that could inflict harm
• No large bags over (10” x 10”), backpacks, Camelbacks or Bota bags
• No stuffed animals or toys of any kind
• This list of prohibited items is subject to change at the discretion of venue management

I went to a show there about a month ago, they had no metal detectors and did not wand,have a lot of security though, they only seemed interested in whether you were 21, asked why they needed Id from me since I had a ticket , said it was because they were selling alcohol! Don';t know why they couldn't just ask for ID if you wanted to buy a drink. I carried no problem,

I went to see Midnight Oil a couple years ago at some small venue off of 17th St, and they had wands and stuff, so I had to leave the gun and knife in my truck... which I hate to do, but at the end of the day they have rights as property owners just as I have gun rights... in these cases, theirs trumps mine, so I can either leave the weapons at home, or not see the concert... I saw the concert, and it was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom