Bullet puller auggestions

jjrock

Default rank <2500 posts
ODT Junkie!
64   0
Reaction score
the Rockford arsenal one is what it is...cheap plastic and isn't working effectively after about 1 year. So I got what I paid for it but now that I'm going to buy another, I would like to get a higher quality unit. Suggestions?

I like my lyman inertia puller. Has the metal shaft and plastic head so it doesnt flex as much as my RCBS, but it works good to.

Those inertia pullers aren't worth a crap.
Especially if it's a crimped round, forget about it if you crimped on the cannelure.
It's about impossible then.

Those inertia pullers aren't worth a crap.
Especially if it's a crimped round, forget about it if you crimped on the cannelure.
It's about impossible then.

Sounds like "tap tap tap tap tap bang bang bang tap bang BANG" then the bullet falls out of the case.

Lol, that's funny and just how it goes.
My wife never bothers me when I'm downstairs reloading, except if I break that damn thing out.
Then I get asked, the are you ok down there question in a very concerned voice.
For me it's even tougher with a tap tap tap tap tap bang bang bang tap bang BANG BANG WHACK WHACK WHACK

I guess I use a tight crimp, lol !
Well I'm laughing and it's early, so I appreciate it PK.

the Rockford arsenal one is what it is...cheap plastic and isn't working effectively after about 1 year. So I got what I paid for it but now that I'm going to buy another, I would like to get a higher quality unit. Suggestions?
I use Quinetics hammer. Bought it new , used for 30+ years with nothing broken or replaced except cheap pieces of 2x4 that didn't take the strike pressure.

Check out the Grip-n-Pull

Bought one, and sent it right back. Won't pull pistol rounds worth a hoot. Great idea, but needs more grip either through some stippling, or some higher friction material.

To elaborate, if there's not much bore-diameter material outside the case, it can't hold onto it. A lot of FMJ and lead loads in typical handgun calibers are like that.

Worked fine for rifle bullets though.

I have, use, and grumble at the RCBS press-mounted puller. Far better than the inertia types-- and you can reuse everything. But you need collets for every caliber, and it bruises your hand until you pad the tightening rod. Annoyances aside, it will pull most anything. Rarely you'll encounter a cartridge where you have to destroy the bullet to pull it, but it will still get it out of the case.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom